Here’s a craft to help you show your patriotism on Flag Day (celebrated annually on June 14th.) This project is great for older children and adults, just be careful because you’ll be working with open pins.
7 Standard Safety Pins (1 inch)
15 Red, 12 White, and 7 Blue 4mm Beads
1. Assemble the first safety pin by sliding two blue beads followed by red, then white and another red bead onto the open pin. Be careful not to stick your fingers.
2. Assemble the second safety pin by sliding three blue beads (this makes a wave effect) on the pin followed by a red, a white and another red bead.
3. Assemble the third safety pin using two blue, a red, a white and another red bead.
4. Assemble the three remaining safety pins in this order: white, red, white, red, white, red.
5. Assemble the remaining safety pin by sliding the three red and white pins, followed by the red, white and blue pins. The pin with the three blue beads should be next to last.
6. Once you have the beaded pins in place, spring the hinge on the main pin with the needle nosed pliers and slide the beaded pins around to the other side of the hinge.
Your pin is now complete and you can now wear it proudly on Flag Day!